Vacancies @ Eka
- COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE
- Volunteer @ Eka
About Eka – The Communicators’ Collective:
Eka is a registered non-profit trust working in the area of Community Development and Development Communication, with a range of groups and communities in diverse setting. Our offices are based in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. In urban Bhopal, we work with households from marginalized backgrounds on issues related to access to justice, child rights, gender, women’s empowerment, livelihoods and youth engagement. Our Development Communication initiative has a focus on Design & Development of Communication Resources, Participatory Theatre, Research and Documentation, Capacity Building. Samvidhan Live, our communication initiative seeks to document people’s movements and processes, along with a focus on building awareness about Constitutional Rights. For further information about our work please visit:
Associate – Communications
- Job Title: Associate – Communications (Full Time – Contractual with 2 month probation, subject to review)
- Location: Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Remuneration: 12000+ Local Conveyance
- Qualification and skills:
- Graduate in Communications, Literature, Journalism, Arts or any other related streams. A diploma or certification/enrolment in an additional subject will be desirable.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in related fields.
- Freshers are welcome to apply with a reference letter mentioning your voluntary contribution to a specific work in an institution or organization
- Volunteers associated with people’s movements including cultural groups will be given preference.
- Job Overview:
- Support the Development Communication team of the organization which has a focus on design & development, capacity building, research & documentation, participatory theatre and website design.
- Engage in Campaign design & implementation with organization teams
- Involve and contribute to ideas for participatory communication & design tasks with grassroots groups including working children, women and daily wage earners.
- Work with voluntary youth groups on issues that interest them.
- Travel across districts and states to cover stories on issues of socio-political development
- Participate in organization meetings and processes as and when required.
- Core Skills Expected:
- Impactful listening, excellent writing and speaking skills in either Hindi or English
- Understanding of Constitutional values, local issues which concern Socio-Economic, Cultural and Civil Rights
- Demonstrable skills to understand and use Social Media platforms especially YouTube, Instagram, Twitter.
- Growth Opportunity:
- Gaining experience of community development work in urban areas with most marginalized groups, adding significant value to your work profile.
- Opportunity for participation in workshops, symposiums, online trainings and orientations.
- Opportunity to apply for the Organization’s rolling fellowship programs for young people with full time support as well as other vacancies as and when they open up.
- Opportunity of engaging with senior development practitioners including media persons, activists, academicians and other influencers.
- Opportunity to develop your capacities, improve communication skills and engage on a range of issues including child rights, feminism, gender, constitutional values, youth engagement, media, communication, participatory approaches and principles of facilitating collective community action.
- Personal guidance and support for engaging in further studies from the organization management group.
Do apply for this position If you are a person passionate about engaging with communities, using a range of media & communication tools and methods; with a pro-people approach. Eligible candidates may send in their detailed CV along with a covering letter stating why you are suited for this position to [email protected]
- Last date of application: March 31, 2023
- Preference will be given to women candidates belonging to Dalit/Adivasi /Religious Minority & LGBTQA+ groups.
- Appointment process will be inclusive of online & individual interviews with group discussions and writing, analysis & critique tasks.
Please do not make any calls. You may write in with your queries (if any) at [email protected]
Volunteer @ Eka
Join as a volunteer across a range of projects in our community development initiatives and/or our development communication programs. write to us at [email protected] on how we can work together.