Job Title: Jr. Communications Associate (Full Time – Contractual with 3 month probation, subject to review)
Location: Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Remuneration: 11000+ Local Conveyance
Qualification and skills:
- Graduate in Communications, Literature, Journalism, Arts or any other related streams. A diploma or certification/enrolment in an additional subject will be desirable.
- At least 2 years of experience in related fields.
- Freshers are welcome to apply with a reference letter mentioning your voluntary contribution to a specific work in an institution or organization
- Support the Development Communication team of the organization which has a focus on design & development, capacity building, research & documentation, participatory theatre and website design.
- Engage in Campaign design & implementation with organization teams
- Involve and contribute to ideas for participatory communication & design tasks with grassroots groups including working children, women and daily wage earners.
- Work with voluntary youth groups on issues that interest them.
- Travel across districts and states to cover stories on issues of socio-political development
- Participate in organization meetings and processes as and when required.
Core Skills Expected:
- Impactful listening, excellent writing and speaking skills in either Hindi or English
- Understanding of Constitutional values, local issues which concern Socio-Economic, Cultural and Civil Rights
- Demonstrable skills to understand and use Social Media platforms especially YouTube, Instagram, Twitter.
- Gaining experience of community development work in urban areas with most marginalized groups, adding significant value to your work profile.
- Opportunity for participation in workshops, symposiums, online trainings and orientations.
- Opportunity to apply for the Organization’s rolling fellowship programs for young people with full time support as well as other vacancies as and when they open up.
- Opportunity of engaging with senior development practitioners including media persons, activists, academicians and other influencers.
- Opportunity to develop your capacities, improve communication skills and engage on a range of issues including child rights, feminism, gender, constitutional values, youth engagement, media, communication, participatory approaches and principles of facilitating collective community action.
- Personal guidance and support for engaging in further studies from the organization management group.
Do apply for this position If you are a person passionate about engaging with communities, using a range of media & communication tools and methods; with a pro-people approach. Eligible candidates may send in their detailed CV along with a covering letter (Min 500 words) stating why you are suited for this position to [email protected]
- Last date of application: Sep 26, 2023
- Volunteers associated with people’s movements including cultural groups will be given preference. Preference will be given to women candidates belonging to Dalit/Adivasi /Religious Minority & LGBTQA+ groups.
- Appointment process will be inclusive of online & individual interviews with group discussions and writing, analysis & critique tasks.
- Please do not make any calls. You may write in with your queries (if any) at [email protected]