The Research & Documentation unit at Eka is engaged in carrying out independent studies and as also supports the documentation needs of organization groups. The unit has expertise in documentation of processes in various formats – audio, print, video, photo. Some of our most recent works include:
- Documentation of the COVID Relief Work in Bhopal including community kitchens and support to the ‘walking migrants’ both on mainstream and social media
- Documentation of the YUVA WAJOOD programme of Samarthan in text and print
- Documentation of the Digital Empowerment initiative, process videos for Hand in Hand, India
- Study on the status of Urban Poor in Bhopal during the COVID period, specific to Janta Quarters in Aishbagh, Bhopal, MP
- Evaluation of a 9-year old project implemented by Uday Society in Madhya Pradesh focusing on Women’s Empowerment and Child Rights
- Content Development for Samvidhan Live, a documentation initiative chronicling People’s Movements in India
- District Child Protection Mapping process with UNICEF, MP & DCPU in Shivpuri district. The capacity building process engaged the DCPU in a tool development process
and the team carried out an assessment of CCIs in Shivpuri and in communities as well.
- Writing stories of change in the area of Agriculture and allied occupations in collaboration with Vikas Samvad, MP.
- Quantitative and Qualitative Study on the Reproductive Health issues of women and girls in the 20 urban slums of Bhopal city, with a focus on Menstrual Health & Hygiene Management
We have in the recent past provided support to organizations, networks and groups on documenting their projects and processes, including building capacities of organization teams to document their own processes.