Eka was part of the larger Jan Sampark Samuh, Bhopal who had come together to respond to the emergency food insecurity scenario following a day of lockdown in response to the global pandemic. Eka was part of the coordinating team in Jan Sampark Samuh which carried out the following tasks:
- Support existing community kitchens in management and coordination
- Run a special kitchen for children called Baccha Rasoi
- Media Management, both social & mainstream media
- Networking with other community kitchens
- Coordination with the district administration
- Documentation of the key events, processes in photo, print, audio and video
- Addressing the Walking Migrant distress on Vidisha Bypass road, reaching out to over 2 lakh walking migrants.